If you have recently suffered a fall due slipping on a surface without traction grip, you may have sustained some obvious injuries and other not so obvious complications. However, if you find yourself feeling any pain, soreness or stiffness, no matter how long it has been since the accident, it’s time to seek chiropractic help. Failing to do so can cause the condition to worsen and may even result in further complications down the road. In this article, we share with you some reasons to engage chiropractic help for slip and fall injuries.
Possible Complications of Slip and Fall Injuries
A number of complications can result from a slip and fall injury, the most common amongst them being an ankle sprain. Often, this happens because you are walking on a wet or slippery surface without sufficient traction grip from your shoes. The possible complications include:
- Strains and sprains, usually on the ankle
- Shoulder injuries, especially if you land on your side
- Spine misalignments and back injuries, which can be particularly severe depending on the way you landed
- Small tears in ligaments and muscles that trigger pain and soreness which are only noticeable a few days after the accident
- Neck injuries
- … and many more!
Getting Chiropractic Help for Slip and Fall Injuries
Depending on the individual complications you suffer from, a combination of these treatments and processes will be necessary to get your body back in tiptop shape:
- An X-ray to determine if anything is broken and how serious your injuries are. This will help in deciding on the best course of treatment going forward, especially if your fall was particularly severe
- Spine realignment to ensure that you do not experience long-term pain and that your posture is not affected permanently
- Physical rehabilitation and exercise regimes to help with natural pain management – painkillers may not be ideal because of their ability to mask the pain and hide symptoms, and some patients prefer natural remedies for their own purposes
- Neck or back pain treatment
- Postural rehabilitation – bad posture can occur when your neck or back is in such pain or soreness that you are unable to maintain a proper position. This can result in chronic pain and further complications if not addressed timely
Come to RejuvenX for Treatment After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you have been the victim of a slip and fall accident, have you noticed any symptoms of pain, stiffness, soreness or tingling days or weeks after? If so, they are not to be neglected. Come to RejuvenX for the rehabilitative treatment you need to start feeling better and minimize the pain. You can be assured that we always strive to understand your individual condition, needs and concerns before recommending a treatment plan that will work for you. If you have any queries or would like to schedule an appointment, please feel free to contact us.